If you are not happy with the service you have received or if we have failed to meet your expectations, we would like you to tell us about it so we can address your concerns and help improve our service to others. You may wish to contact the officer involved directly to discuss your concerns or you may prefer to discuss them with the officer’s supervisor. You can find contact details for officers and supervisors in frontline departments via our online directory. If you are dissatisfied with some aspect of the police service or our staff then you can complete our online comments form or you may make a complaint against the police.

Related links

Appealing against the way the police have handled your complaint

If you have made a complaint against the police and you are not happy with the way it has been handled, you may be able to appeal. The appeal will be dealt with by either a senior officer within the Professional Standards Department or the IPCC. This is dependent on a number of factors. Generally, appeals in respect of the more serious allegations will continue to be dealt with by the IPCC. There are four types of appeal:

Please check your complaint decision letter (sent to you by the local police). This will tell you whether to appeal to the IPCC or appeal to the local force. For more information go to