If you are not happy with the service you have received or if we have failed to meet your expectations, we would like you to tell us about it so we can address your concerns and help improve our service to others. You may wish to contact the officer involved directly to discuss your concerns or you may prefer to discuss them with the officer’s supervisor. You can find contact details for officers and supervisors in frontline departments via our online directory. If you are dissatisfied with some aspect of the police service or our staff then you can complete our online comments form or you may make a complaint against the police.

Related links

The role of the Police and Crime Commissioner

The Police and Crime Commissioner has responsibility for delivering an efficient and effective police service in their area. The Commissioner’s role is to support and, when necessary, challenge the Chief Constable. With respect to complaints, the Police and Crime Commissioner is required to monitor all complaints made against officers and staff, while having responsibility for complaints against the Chief Constable.

If you wish to make a complaint against the Chief Constable or to find out more about the role of the Police Crime Commissioner visit Ask us something - PCC.